Learning in the Delta: A New Teacher's Adventures

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Math Poems

Math is good
Math is sweet
Math will knock you out of your seat
I love add, subtraction
Multiplication, and division.
So many math thing,
Its hard to make decision.
I love fraction, decimal, adding,
Subtraction, all the thing
Have good action.
- 7th Grader



Sittin in math
Talkin bout numbers
And all of a sudden
I start to wonder:
How could 2x2 always be 4?
How could 2x3 always be 6?
And even polygons are something
I don’t get.

How could a triangle
Always have three sides?
I guess that some things
Just like to hide.

This was supposed to
Be a poem, but I made it a song
About Multiplication and
3 sided polygons.
- 7th Grader





Math asks for a difference, it asks for a sum.
I love to talk about shapes, especially the polygon.
Integers could be bad, Integers could be good.
Math taught about stem-and-leaf plot
Something I easily understood.
Math class is good I must say.
I learned a lot and earned an “A”.
- 7th Grader


Math is lame.
Math is boring.
I will go to sleep and start snoring.
- 7th Grader




Math is great.
Math is fun.
If you mess with me,
I’ll hit you in the head with a Pentagon.
A polygon has Five sides –
Doesn’t that make you want to cry?
- 7th Grader

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger R. Pollack said...

All the thing really DO have good action.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home