Learning in the Delta: A New Teacher's Adventures

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Team Teaching

My Team Teaching Group was AWESOME! Actually, it was EXTRAWESOME!!!! I was with the fabulous Mr. Zarandona - never ate a lunch, sadly, but he made up for it with his beautifully managed mane; Mr. Scriber, quite possibly the most unknowingly underhanded member of the group - he was laughin, writin obscene numbers, all that stuff.... loved it!; Mr. Doyle, fallin asleep in every lesson, but making up for it with emphatic reading, and bubble letters on the board.... BUBBLE LETTERS!!! YES!!!!; Mr. Weimer, Weems, love of my life - math excites him, Math excites me, Weems makes math exciting!!!; Mr. Pollard....Oh, Mr. Pollard... The man who taught me exactly what a woman means when she tells you, "no". I have ever laughed so hard in my life....well, maybe once, but still....It was funny.
Having these gentlemen in my group was one of the best parts of the training. I know that the trsaining was supposed to be about the lesson, exclusively, and we were supposed to act like the ideal students... but, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... "maybe we didn't follow the rules exactly." Doesn't matter though. In fact, I'm pretty sure my ideal students would be the ones who can do the work, and understand it well enough to make a joke out of it. For example, see if you can guess which of the above gentlemen wrote this as his answer to a question on the quiz, which asked, "what is a polygon?" : Ms. Davenport is not a Polygon, cuz she's got curves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home