Learning in the Delta: A New Teacher's Adventures

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Just thought some people might find this amusing:
I went to a computer training the other day, per request of my school district. I was in a room with 10 other teachers, and I was the only first year. Throughout the training, teachers were raising their hands and asking questions like, "what do I do if a student has a question, but I'm busy with another student?"; "How do I handle a student who refuses to work?"; "What are good filler activities?" Needless to say, our training is AWESOME, because I felt like I was able to answer all of these teachers' questions, without even blinking. So, thanks to everyone who helped out this summer. I think its safe to say that we are more prepared than many of the teachers returning to the classroom.

Just a brief note: I do not want to disrespect or belittle any teachers. Of course there is a TON that the teachers in my training have got to back them up in the classroom that I have no clue about. I just wanted to emphasize ho great our initial training is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home